Thursday, August 1, 2013

CCC August Challenge: Here Comes The Bride

It's August first and that means it's time for a new monthly challenge over at Catherine and Cathy Create! This month's challenge: Here Comes the Bride.

A friend of mine from college, Kristen, got married last weekend. We did our student teaching across the hall from one another, and she's a beautiful girl who is now married to a really awesome guy. Sadly, I wasn't able to attend her wedding because she lives in North Carolina and I'd already signed up for Convention (and hence used up the last of my vacation days and travel funds!) before I received her invitation. But of course I had to send her a handmade card to convey all my good wishes.


Now, I know what you're thinking. This doesn't look like the traditional wedding card. Where are the pastels? The flowers? The cute little image of the perfect smiling couple? Well, I love the idea of customizing the card to the couple's wedding colors and theme whenever possible. When I asked Kristen what her wedding colors, this was her response: "Firecracker (a cross between coral and red), khaki, ivory, gold, and tiny hints of sage." Um, gulp? Kristen has great taste, so I knew it would be stunning, but those are some tricky colors! You can see I went a little off-book with the colors I chose, but I think - I hope! - I captured the essence of her wedding colors in a classy, sophisticated way.

Now if you haven't already, make sure you visit Catherine and Cathy Create to check out some more great wedding inspiration!



Kristen's Wedding Card Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment