Friday, August 2, 2013

Christmas in July Week - Day Five: Rustic Snowman Card

Hello and Happy Friday! :) Welcome to the 5th day of Christmas in July/August. Did you check out the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog yesterday? It's so awesome!

I just got a box of more new Holiday goodies on Wednesday and I couldn't wait to play. The first thing I grabbed? The adorable Snow Day stamp set (#131892 wood/#131895 clear). Is this little snowman not the cutest?! And he comes with all sorts of accessories too - it's like building your own real snowman, you're only limited by your imagination. :)


I love White Craft Ink on Crumb Cake! It's such a soft look and perfect for a rustic look. Just make sure you give it time to dry before you stamp all the other images on the snowman! (You can always hit it with your heat tool if you're impatient.)


I used the Cherry Cobbler-Old Olive-Crumb Cake combo again, and more of the Season of Style DSP (# 132340). These tones of colors also go great with the rustic look. Oh, and the banner was way easier than it looks too. I just stamped it (the sentiment is already curved), cut it out by hand leaving a "tail" on either end of the sentiment, and bent the tails backward and forward to create the banner ends. The center portion is on Dimensionals, and the ends of the banner are adhered directly to the Cherry Cobbler piece. I used the Window Frames Framelits collection to cut the window.

Hope you have some stampy plans this weekend! Are you getting inspired for your own Christmas projects?

Happy Stampin'! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, Love this little card...so cute! I'm wondering if you might share the dimensions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! The card is 5" square. The Cherry Cobbler layer is 4.75" square and I used the Window Frames Framelit that measures about 3-5/8" across. Hope that helps! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete