Thursday, August 15, 2013

Convention 2013: Roommate Gift

OK, so Convention was almost a month ago, and I've only shared one of the posts that I intended to write about the weekend. I can't even believe how quickly this summer has gone by!

Today I want to share a fun project with you. It seems to be a Convention tradition to give a little handmade treat to your hotel room roomie. I was rooming with my upline Jen, but since we were traveling together too, I actually gave it to her before we left, rather than schlepping it all the way there.


Jen's style is way different from mine. She's more into the vintage, shabby look. So I tried my hand at that style for this project. The tag is from the Chalk Talk Framelits, and I used Crisp Cantaloupe ink and a brayer to color some Creped Filter Paper to make the ruffles at the bottom. The sentiment is from the Chalk Talk stamp set.


The topper on the jar is also the Creped Filter Paper, colored with Baked Brown Sugar ink. Love this stuff!

Happy Stampin'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment